The steps required to use LED grow lights are outlined in this article. Take the following actions:
- Make sure the lights are at the appropriate height when they are strung over the plants.
- When the plant is in its early vegetative stage, adjust the light to be roughly 300 millimeters above the plant. As a result, it guarantees the shortest possible inter-nodal length and offers inter-nodes.
- The plant is now in its vegetative stage, at which point you should increase the distance between the light and the plants to anywhere between 300 and 600 millimeters.
The light must be at a lower level for plants with a large number of leaves so that the light may penetrate the lower branches of the plants. Also, the LEDs should be kept 300 millimeters above the plant if it requires greater light levels, and they should be kept 600 millimeters above the plant if we want lower light levels.
- The flowering and budding period is another time when you may keep your height between 300 and 600 millimeters from the canopy. On the other hand, 400 millimeters is the optimal height above the canopy.
- Vary the rate at which you water. If you are just getting started with LED lighting, then watering could give you some trouble.
- The majority of watering instructions are created with HPS illumination in mind. Evaporation takes place throughout this procedure, and that is why it is required to water the plants. When it comes to LED grow lights, however, neither watering nor feeding the plant is a concern. Therefore, watering the plants can be harmful to them.
- It is vital to provide the plants with nutrients. But it can’t work out the way you want it to.
- There is a need for the feeding process to take place when LED grow lights are present.
- You have to provide your plants with 30 percent of their food from HPS illumination. When your plants are growing under LED illumination, be sure to give them some Cal-Mag. Because there is less evaporation in a hydroponic system, you need to add a less amount of topping to the nutrient solution.
During the winter months, it is necessary to provide the space with extra heat. It will encourage a faster growth rate in the plants. Compared to HPS illumination, the amount of heat produced in the growing area is much lower.
If you are utilizing LED grow lights, you need to closely check your plants over the winter since this might potentially lead to some issues.