The GMAT—Graduate Management Admission Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council serves as an entrance test for graduates seeking admission to various business schools. The GMAT exam score is considered by all the renowned business schools, as many as 2,300 institutes. It also helps to avail around 7,000 programmes worldwide.
Besides your academic performance, all the renowned business schools have GMAT exam criteria. Scoring good marks in GMAT can decide your future destiny. GMAT clearance is the dream of many aspirants. Two crucial benefits of aiming for a good score in the GMAT are to stand out in the B-School admission process and attain scholarship opportunities.
With so much in store, you might have gotten a fair idea of the difficulty level of this exam.
Here are some strategies that we think will help!
· Preparedness: The first and foremost step towards preparation for any exam is preparedness or what you call it to aim. Be firm that this is what you want to do. So-and-so is the outcome you wish to derive. So-and-so is the effort you should be putting in. It is crucial because this analysis helps you follow all other strategies.
· Know-how of GMAT: Get to know the format and structure of the GMAT exam. These include the procedures, the pattern of papers, syllabus, etc. Understand each section, detailed curriculum covered in these sections, topic-wise weightage, marking scheme and types of questions expected, and so on.
· Explore the GMAT world: Try to know anything and everything about GMAT. Google is the digital master. Try to gather study materials, mock papers, reviews, peer experiences, challenges, hits, misses, etc. Filter what you think will help you. GMAT diagnostic test is known for its near-to-real GMAT experience. Mock tests play a vital role as they will help you test your level of knowledge and expand your current capability.
· Coaching: Note that there is no replacement for live learning. Enrol yourself in reliable and popular learning programmes that will help you prepare efficiently. These learning programmes have their unique benefits. Important thing to note here is that these institutes and the mentors are constantly trying to build their credibility by offering the most sought after courses. If you are aiming for admission in a B-school, you are at the important phase of your life. The decision you make today will be life-changing for you. High-quality mentors from credible coaching institutions can help you prepare for the next level.
· Practice: Practice is what takes you to what you want to achieve. It is not only the intelligence aspect here. Exams have a particular pattern, time frame, and schedule attached to them. Aspirants aiming to score well should get familiar with the outline of papers, sections, question types, etc. While practising, you can not go on and on to solve mock papers. You should strictly have a set timeframe. Evaluate and see where you stand. Maintain an error log and establish a plan of study to eliminate them.
· SWOT: Do a SWOT Analysis. List down your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. SWOT is indeed a feel-good factor. It helps you identify your strengths, which we generally don’t tend to. It will help you strengthen it further. Getting to know your exam week points will help you focus more. With GMAT official papers, analyse opportunity sections to aim for better scores. Threats can be those sections and patterns of the GMAT exam paper that can pull your score down.
We wish you good luck and hope these tips will help you with your GMAT preparation!