Keeping a household help is common everywhere. The hectic professional lives of men, women and young children in the family do not give enough time to nurse the ailing parents and grandparents. If any of the family members have met with an accident, things may get complicated for everyone else. In this case, hiring personal health care Philadelphia is the right decision because the patient receives the attention and care he or she deserves. If you are planning to hire a private caregiver, you should understand the merits and demerits beforehand.
Pros of hiring a private or an independent caregiver
- You don’t have to go through the rigorous process of hiring an agency. All you have to do is to choose who can take care of your loved one. You will have full control over choosing the person of your preferences. You should know them by meeting in person before letting them enter your home. In most cases, you will be able to judge the person’s behavior and skills beforehand.
- You can discuss your requirements with the person directly because there is no middleman in the hiring process.
- As and when needed, you can increase or reduce the duties and responsibilities that he or she is likely to perform. There is no need to give any prior notice to do so.
- You don’t have to pay any additional money because you can clarify costs and pay before hiring.
- If you have any issue with the caregiver, you don’t have to give any notice. You can fire the caregiver if he is negligent.
Cons of hiring a private caregiver
- No matter how many background checks you perform to get the information related to the caregiver, his or her criminal records and others, something will always be missing. Things may come as a shock to you.
- It has also been observed that caregivers start to threaten the family and falsely frame them for harassment and sexual misconduct.
- There have been instances when caregivers stole belongings and murdered the patient or seniors in the house. We cannot deny the fact that they can be criminals in their past.
Before hiring any private caregiver, it is strongly recommended to do a police verification. In case, something goes wrong, you can get in touch with them. You should hire a private caregiver after getting contacts from your close friends and relatives, who know them for a long time.