The Russia-Ukrain war and pandemic has put immense pressure on the world economy. This ever evolving economic scenario has impacted industries so much so that they have to rework on their expenses as well as profitability. This has increased the demand on employees and they are underpressure to deliver at any cost. Thus there has been an enhanced demand among the employees to develop their skill-sets.
Hence today, a large number of people are opting for Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
What is Post Graduate Diploma in Management?
Post Graduate Diploma in Management equips students with multiple transferable skills that will not only enable them to face challenges posed by the changing economic conditions, but also provide them with global perspective as well as an understanding ofbusiness functions like Finance, Business Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Organizational Behavior, and HR etc. Additionally it also broadens their knowledge vis-e-vis management, global best practices and leadership skills besides critical thinking, managing complex& unpredictable issues.
- Comfortable with numbers so as to interpret research and utilize business and financial data
- Capability to manage complex& unpredictable issues
- Persuasive communication skills so as to communicate your ideas effectively to varied stakeholders
- Organizational skills so as to manage time, multiple projects as well as resources to get a better ROI
- Capable of making a fast and informed decision
- Innovative problem-solving approach
- Able to take initiatives
- Networking skills so as to collaborate with varied teams from diverse disciplines
Tips to choose the right PGDM course: Before choosing the right college we need to look at eligibility criteria for the PGDM course.
- In order to pursue PGDM course, you must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognised college with 50% marks
- You also need to clear the entrance test along with group discussion and interview.
Besides this, working professionals, in order to enhance their careers, also seek admission to PGDM courses.
Before identifying the right college, students must ensure that their college adheres to the following:
- The college must be recognised by AICTE and it must ensure two year industry oriented program
- The curriculum must offer competencies in communication, team building, and other soft skills so as to motivate students to become progressive global leaders
- The college must equips students with analytical and critical thinking along with knowledge about organizational behavior and structure
- The college must encourage students to make informed decisions based on research and analysis
- The college must provide knowledge of how business is impacted by economic and other external changes. Additionally what corrective actions must be taken to mitigate these challenges?
- The curriculum must inspire students to be innovative in their approach while taking critical decisions.
- The college must offer exposure to students through internships, going through real world case studies, interaction with experts besides participating in live projects to ensure experiential learning as well as gaining of diverse perspective.
- The curriculum must be as per the evolving market situations and must be comprehensive in its approach. Specializations in Digital Business and e-commerce,Entrepreneurship, startup and family businesses, and marketing & communication and Business Analytics & Data Sciences.
- Startup support both in terms of mentoring as well as funding must be offered by the college
- The college must hone essential life skills of students. These can be negotiations, communications, networking, presentation as well as leadership skills.
- The college must offer a comprehensive placement support and mentoring
Just move now and register to enhance your career with pgdm course