Gift-giving has been part of our yearly tradition. Exchanging gifts during particular moments of life is very popular worldwide, and someone could give the gift to anyone as a symbol of affection and gratitude. So how can you show your gratitude and appreciation to those new or first-time house owners who have invited you to be a part of their celebrations?
Today, markets are flooded with a plethora of items that can make gifts for any type of celebration, and often people find it challenging to choose one. One of the most popular concepts is giving a gift basket. A basket filled with a number of beautiful surprises is a sure hit during birthdays, showers, anniversaries and even housewarming parties or get-togethers.
The Right Gift For Housewarming
Most ‘new house owner and mover’ buddies are likely to operate on a tight budget, with essentials being begged and borrowed from anyone with spares. Giving them a gift requires a different set of challenges. Rather than getting housewarming presents that spruce up their place, think of the essential items.
1. Luxury items being scarce when you start out in your first home make them a very good choice as a present, and something which will get appreciated over and above a frying pan – unless they haven’t got one! The trick here is to find something useful that performs a job and produces tasty food, which is a basic function of kitchen gadgets.
2. For the healthy eating brigade, a frozen treat maker is a great gift to receive. These treat makers take pieces of frozen fruit and process them into delicious iced treats in a few seconds. These aren’t ice cream makers, so you don’t add sugar, though. For a more luxurious dessert, you can add Malibu or other exotic liqueurs (frozen into a cube tray first is best), or add chocolate chips in with some bananas, but you don’t have to add anything fattening or unhealthy, just juicy, tangy frozen fruit.
3. A good many kids hear the word ‘healthy’ and do not want whatever delight is on offer, but these frozen treats vanish as fast as you can make them, with kids queuing up for more. Children essentially neither ask nor care how healthy it is. They just love how good the ice tastes, and that makes getting fruit into them a cinch.
4. Still, on the healthy eating subject, sushi-making kits are an excellent present for anyone. Since getting one as a gift personally and realizing sushi has other fabulous fillings that are not raw fish, sushi kits have made valuable gifts for friends who love to cook.
5. A micro oven is also a great gift choice for first-time residents of a new property as it provides them with a gadget that not only heats up cold food and beverages but also comes in handy while preparing specific recipes. From baking and grilling to prepping, the versatility of a microwave oven is simply exceptional, making it a perfect gift for new home buyers.
6. Many people possibly see slow cookers as more of a winter gift, but there are hundreds of slow cooker recipes for summer meals posted all over the net, so these versatile one-pot cookers actually keep you fed all year round – people are not too tired to think straight, and will never mind cooking a meal.
7. Convenient, low power use, inexpensive to buy, a slow cooker is a flexible one-pot wonder that anyone who has moved house and is on a tight budget will be incredibly pleased to receive as a gift. Better still, it will help keep energy costs low at a time when a new householder’s available cash is probably limited.
8. Now, if getting a pre-made or pre-prepared gift is not your thing, or if you feel like you are too close to getting a gift that has already been prepared in advance, you can always buy cake online or bake it yourself. Edible treats in the basket can make a delightful surprise for your recipient. Edibles like gourmet tea and coffee packs, chocolates, cookies, fruits and other delightful confectioneries are a few treats you can add to your basket.
9. If you are crafty enough, you can make your own homemade edibles as well as homemade baskets. You can bake cookies, mold your chocolates, and make your own fruit arrangement. Ensure the display is packed in very nifty packaging, highlighting the items packed inside it and giving the new homeowners. Getting a cake for the new homeowners is a sweet gesture and can be even sent directly to their doorstep with cake delivery in Ranchi services.
There are simply hundreds of items out there that make practical first-home gifts. So the best advice is to think outside the box and look for something practical, something useful which may solve a problem – but at the same time, get your friend or relative a gift which offers a bit of luxury too.